We talked about the importance of visuals and photos in the remodeling business. We also talked about how memorable photos are, when you compare them to the written word or the spoken word. Simply stated, people remember visuals far more than they remember what they read or what they hear. In fact, one best practice of social media and content writing is to include visuals to complement your writing. It’s worth showing you these statistics once again.
According to the research:
- Just 10% of people remember what they hear.
- Just 20% of people remembering what they read.
- While, 80% of people remember what they see and do.
Have you considered social media marketing for your remodeling business?
Specifically, have you considered the following platforms – Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube and Houzz – as a marketing method for your business? We are asking you about these particular platforms because they are focused on visuals. And traditionally, people often think of these social media outlets only as retail platforms that target retail customers, women, arts and crafts and recipe focused followers. However, businesses (including hard-to-convince B2B companies) have come to see how these social media platforms can benefit their business. The remodeling industry absolutely falls into the category of an industry that can benefit from social media marketing.
Why is that?
- The remodeling business and its sales process relies on customers and prospects being able to visualize the possibilities of their remodeling project. What better way to help your customer see what their project can be – provide pictures to them and capture their emotions and hearts.
- Before and After photos show how much a remodel can do for the value of the customer’s home. It can also show the good feeling they will inevitably feel about their own project when they see a successful remodel project you have already completed.
- You get the opportunity to share your talent and expertise in the remodeling industry with visual presentations of your completed projects. With social media platforms, you benefit from a far audience reach and digital word-of-mouth. Even just 10 years ago, your business did not have the capability to reach dozens, hundreds, thousands or more with one communication. With social media you are reaching friends, followers, contacts and their friends, followers, contacts and it continues to several degrees.
- A best practice in social media marketing is to include an image to accompany content. The statistics show that content with visuals gets 94% more views. And the content is more memorable as a result.
- The number of active participants on social media platforms is astounding! It’s a very large potential audience for your business. Here are some updated numbers:
- Facebook Users: 2.4 Billion
- YouTube Users: 1.9 Billion
- Houzz Users: 40 Million
- Pinterest Users: 250 Million
- Instagram Users: 1.1 Billion
How can you use these social media platforms for your business?
- Instagram and Pinterest – Both are solely image-based social media platforms. Instagram has stories, which allows your posts to be at the top of your followers’ feeds. And both platforms have paid advertising and video available.
- Facebook – This social media platform gives you the choice of single photos, photo galleries and video. While it is not solely an image-based medium, you have many choices to utilize images to your benefit.
- YouTube – Not only is YouTube the second largest search engine (to Google), it is solely a video platform. Paid advertising is also available on this platform.
- Houzz – This platform is specific to the homebuilding, construction, remodeling, interior design industry. It allows for you to provide photo galleries of completed projects. It has become a popular platform for consumers who are looking to engage with professionals in the remodeling industry.
Say it with pictures. Show your expertise and talent with beautiful visuals. Your pitch to prospects will be more memorable when you use images.
The conclusion of one of the articles listed below says it best –
When you think of memories that stand out, it’s rare that you’d imagine a block of floating text. Visuals allow for instant recall. So, for the sake of your marketing strategy, remember to keep it visual.
For more information related to the topic of social media and visual content:
Making Social Media Work for Your Remodeling Business